For some, gardening is done with ease; with natural green-fingered abilities shining through. For others, there are a few more hurdles in the way – such as patchy lawns that will not grow and chalky or sandy soil. However, this is easily remedied with the use of stone garden pots and trough planters.
Creating beautiful gardens is easily done with a little perseverance and problem solving!
As well as providing home-owners with a flexible and dynamic way of gardening that poses very little threat to your physical health, there are many other benefits to using stone pots in your garden.
- Place the pots where you want, when you want! You can move them around so easily that you can find which placement works best for each plant
- Pests are much easier to control when using smaller pots opposed to flowers beds
- More difficult-to-grow plant varieties can be planted in a soil that is specific to its individual needs
Using pots in the garden allows you to be much more adventurous with gardening, without the need to invest a significant amount of time into the process. Further to this, it is ideal for first timers and those who are slightly inexperienced.
So, what are the best plants to get you started?
- Azaleas are very impressive on the eye but are easy to contain in a pot
- Calla Lilies are delicate, elegant and graceful which will work perfectly against the starkness of a stone pot
- Chrysanthemums are a hardy flower that thrives well in cooler weather, giving colour for much of the year
- Dahlias are a delight in containers and troughs and are available in many different colours to suit your floral needs
- Lavender is an excellent way to attract wildlife and insects to your garden, give off a pleasant scent and can add height to any floral arrangement
- Roses are one of the most popular flowers around and look perfectly made to sit in garden pots
- Tulips are ideal for growing in pots outdoors, especially in the colder climes found here in the UK
We provide a variety of stone planters and troughs for your needs here at Tor Stone. Please have a browse on our website.