This April has been National Garden Month. That’s right, a whole month dedicated to planting, growing, cultivating and nurturing your garden into a relaxing haven for you and your family. Here at Tor Stone, we love gardens as much as the next nature lover, which is why we design and create our range of stone ornaments and furniture to fit harmoniously with the rest of your sweet sanctuary.
Being a gardener is a year round hobby and pastime that can bring joy and happiness like no other. Not only is it a creative outlet, but it is relaxing and it gives something back to the world, too. Planting trees and flowers helps our planet breathe – and ourselves, as well as giving us something spectacular to look at.
However, looking after a garden takes time and dedication. Whether you are just starting out or at a loss on where to start with your garden maintenance - now that spring has arrived, we have put together some of the most important tips to remember when it comes to caring for your garden this April.
- Create a composter. One of the best ways to get rid of home and garden green waste is by creating compost out of it. This is ideal for helping your garden to grow, but it does take time to create the perfect compost
- Clean your gardening tools, furniture and any stone ornaments or statues you might have. Cleaning them gets rid of built-up dirt and grime from over the last year and makes them look as good as new. Buying direct from Tor Stone means your stoneware will be protected against cold and hot weather, but your tools will need a little extra TLC
- Make any repairs that have occurred over the last 3-6 months – whether your gate is a little lopsided or a trellis has come loose, now is the time to fix it in time for the coming season
- Clean out your flower beds and tidy your borders. Remove weeds and debris and add a layer of mulch or compost to your soil to encourage growth for your new flowers
- Clean your greenhouse or shed to ensure anything stored is in good condition, and to be sure you have killed off any winter pests and diseases that can damage your plants
For more information on how to be the best gardener possible, please click here for advice from a pro.
If you have cleared your garden, planted a new range of plants and flowers for the seasons ahead and still feel like something is missing, then please check out our website for some garden stoneware and ornaments for inspiration. You never know, our stone ornaments might be just what your garden needs.